It’s been another amazing year for the Complete Works poets. For full details of the poets please check their websites.
A few highlights:
* The poets have attended hundreds of festivals and events all around the world including the United States, Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa, reaching tens of thousands in live audiences.
* Online the poets have reached millions, largely due to the extraordinary success of Warsan Shire whose poetry featured on Beyonce’s new album Lemonade.
Forthcoming full collections include:
– Kayo Chingonyi with Chatto and Windus
-Malika Booker and Warsan Shire with Penguin Modern Poets series
– Jay Bernard with Bloodaxe
-Inua Ellams and Rishi Dastidar with Nine Arches
* Malika Booker was the Chair of the Forward Prize judging panel and Judge of Foyles Young Poet of the year award 2016.
* Sarah Howe completed her Harvard Fellowship and has had a wide range of readings. She will be appearing with Stephen Fry at an event in November.
* Karen McCarthy Woolf will complete her PhD soon and Denise Saul is working towards hers.
* The poets have had a range of residencies including: Eileen Pun in Hong Kong, Karen McCarthy Woolf at the National Maritime Museum, Kayo Chingonyi at the Institute of Contemporary Arts (Associate poet).
The Complete Works Poets Round 3 are also doing great things:
* Ian Humphreys won the Poetry Society’s Hamish Canham Prize
* Leonardo Boix published his second collection in Spanish in Latin America.
* Yomi Sode is currently touring with the British Council in New York. He performed his one man show as a scratch version at the Southbank and is working towards taking it on tour.
* Raymond Antrobus has appeared at numerous festivals and completed his level 1 certificate in sign language.